Ridley Browder '20
A Typical Boarding Day at Baylor
At Baylor, each day's schedule is a little bit different. Follow Ridley Browder, a boarding student from Memphis, Tenn., through a typical Wednesday schedule...
- Before School
- 8:00 a.m. - Extra Help
- 8:40 a.m. - AP U.S. History, Mr. Cox
- 9:45 a.m. - AP Chemistry, Dr. Miles
- 10:50 a.m. - Adviser Group Meeting, Mr. Young
- 11:25 a.m. - Free Period, Physical Education
- 12:30 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:05 p.m. - AP English Literature, Ms. Ott
- 2:10 p.m. - Ethics, Rev. Scott
- After School
BAYLOR PLAYERS or ROWING: The Baylor Players are a fun group to be a part of and they’re always open and welcoming. It really is like a family, working together to create each performance. In the winter, I row and was on the junior varsity last year.
DINNER: I like to eat with different people each time, depending on who’s there. It’s usually guys in my dorm, but not always.
EVENINGS: I like studying in the library rather than my room because I feel a little enclosed in my room sometimes. I can easily talk to a lot more people in the library to give or get help on schoolwork. Plus, it’s nice to take a breather every now and then and just have a conversation. I usually stay there until 10:00. I’ll study a bit more before bed but usually try to get to sleep by 11:30.
PROFILE ON Ridley
- Resident in Lupton Hall
- Enjoys reading, writing, and politics
- A member of the Baylor Debate Club and Model UN
- Editor for the Baylor Notes, the school's online newspaper
"There are eight in our adviser group, all from Lupton, and we meet in Mr. Young’s apartment off of Lupton Circle. We talk about what’s going on at school that week, review school rules, and cover daily announcements. We have outings too, like to Dunkin Donuts or paintball."