There are many parent volunteer opportunities at Baylor that offer invaluable experiences and foster new friendships. Regardless of the amount of time you are able to commit, we welcome your involvement and participation.
Volunteering can involve activities such as:
- Making calls/texts for annual parent phonathons in support of The Baylor Fund (fall)
- Providing tailgate food for class tents on Rike Field at home football games (fall)
- Working with the Red Raider Resale used uniform sales, prep, or inventory (year-round)
- Helping with seasonal/special event Spirit Store sales (as needed)
- Signing up for after-school shifts to sell food to students at the Snack Shack (year-round)
- Helping with concessions for football games and other athletic activities (year-round)
- Providing food for annual Faculty Appreciation and Just Desserts events (March 2020)
- Serving breakfast at the annual Grandparents’ Day (April 24, 2020)
- Helping organizers with the annual eighth grade Recognition Day (May 28, 2020)
- Helping organizers with the annual party for senior class (May 29, 2020)
- Helping with the Baylor Backers fundraising event (March 2020)
- Serving on a committee for biennial Celebrations fundraising event (March 2021)
As you can see, we have a variety of volunteer opportunities with a wide range of time commitment! If you see something that matches your interests, availability and skills, contact your class representatives or Parent Alliance President Julie Garrett (423-593-4354) for more information on how to get involved, or to answer any questions you may have before committing.
Throughout the school year, volunteer needs will be mentioned in the weekly parent BNews and other regular school announcements in myBaylor. Requests are also posted by your class representative in the class GroupMe.