The 2022-23 calendar is posted here.
Baylor celebrated the annual Awards Day tradition on May 18, 2022.
Check out the work of Baylor's talented artists, performers, and writers. Click here to view new issue of Periaktoi
Tickets are now available for the spring musical!
On this episode, we explore the Baylor boarding experience with boarding students and dorm parents, past and present.
Grandparents' Day is April 29, here are a few things you need to know.
Final Exams and Early Dismissals May 23-26
The full exam schedule is posted on myBaylor. Please make sure you are aware that students will dismiss at 2:30 p.m. on Monday, May 23 through Wednesday, May 25, and will dismiss at 10:45 a.m. on Thursday, May 26 (the last day of school). Please plan accordingly.
Middle School Summer Math Assignments
All rising seventh and eighth graders will have summer math topics to complete in ALEKS. Teachers have sent reminders and instructions are displayed when the ALEKS app is opened. All summer math topics will open on May 30, and should be completed by August 15. Summer math work is a graded assignment the first week of school.
Rising sixth grade students received a paper math packet to complete over the summer. Students will turn their packets in to their math teacher on the first day of school.
Middle School Summer Reading Requirements
All sixth grade students are required to read three books: Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper and two additional books from the sixth grade Directed Reading List. All seventh and eighth grade students are required to read three books from their grade level Directed Reading List. Students should not select any texts that they have previously read, and students should submit the reading log to their English teachers when they return to school in August. Click here for reading lists and for more information about summer reading for the Middle School.
Eighth Grade Ceremony Information
The Eighth Grade Ceremony for the Class of 2026 is Thursday, May 26. Livestreaming will be available here for family members who cannot attend. Here are additional details:
- The ceremony will take place in the Alumni Chapel at 6 p.m.
- Students will report to the OLD CHAPEL by 5:45 p.m. dressed in their Chapel uniform (button-down shirt with the B on the collar, boys with ties). Uniforms should be neat, and shirts tucked in. We ask that students not wear any outerwear over their chapel shirts (i.e., no Baylor sweatshirts/hoodies, sweaters, or jackets, etc.)
- Parents and guests should park on Rike Field or as directed by security.
- Students should leave their cell phones with their parents before entering the chapel to be seated.
- Parents and guests should not sit in the reserved seating in the first few rows. Those are reserved for students, faculty, and VIP guests.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 6 p.m.
- Following the ceremony, students can meet their guests at the Quad for departure.
- The ceremony usually lasts an hour and twenty minutes.
- We will not restrict the number of guests, and seating is available in the balcony as well.
- Masks continue to be optional on campus.
Upper School Exams May 23-27
Commencement is Saturday May 28, 9 a.m. in Heywood
Commencement for the Class of 2022 will be in Heywood Stadium at 9 a.m. Information about parking, seating, and other details has been posted for parents of seniors in myBaylor. Click here for live streaming of the ceremony beginning at 9 a.m.
New Student myBaylor and Email Log In Information
New Upper School parents should have received their child’s myBaylor/Email log-in information on Friday, May 13, by email. Parents and students also received information and instructions for course registration from Garrison Conner. If you have questions, please email Garrison Conner.
Students can find information on summer reading requirements here and in their Class groups in myBaylor. AP or honors-specific reading will be available to students in myBaylor later this month.
Health Center Advice for Parents of Seniors/Seniors:
We are sad to see you go! But, before you do, please let the Health Center know if they can help you prepare for your college health requirements.
- College Immunization Record – Required by most institutions. Please email requests for copies by August 20, to email@example.com.
- Updated immunizations – Be sure that you are up to date for Meningitis and Hepatitis. Please stop by if you need more information.
- TB Skin Tests – Some majors (mostly health sciences) require this test to be completed. Baylor's Health Center has a limited supply in the Health Center to assist with this need.
Used Uniforms Needed!
While you are doing your spring cleaning, please donate uniforms to the Red Raider Resale. Just drop clean items off at the Welcome Center with Ms. Hattie or the guard on duty. Skorts and men's/boy's chapel dress shirts are especially needed. The Red Raider Resale volunteers will be busy selling to new families during the summer and appreciate your donated items for their inventory.
Click on photo for larger view