Baylor celebrated its first group of 2023-24 college athlete signees on the National Signing Day on Wednesday, Nov. 8.
Baylor celebrated its first group of 2023-24 college athlete signees on the National Signing Day on Wednesday, Nov. 8. The next signing dates coming up are Feb. 7, 2024, and April 17, 2024. Any athlete signing with a school that doesn't use the National Letter of Intent (Division III/NAIA/Junior College) will participate in the April 17 event.
To date, the following student-athletes will be honored – area sports media is invited to attend. Coaches and parents of the athletes, as well as school administrators will be on hand.
- Jada Cooper, soccer, East Tennessee State University
- Theo Desroches, golf, Lynn University
- Matt Hart, wrestling, Indiana Universitt
- Drew Hitchcock, swimming, The University of Georgia
- Holly Merritt, softball, Miami University (Ohio)
- Sophia Mize, soccer, UTC
- Riley Oleksik, softball, Eastern Kentucky University
- Avery Shamblin, softball, The University of Memphis
- Jack Shutters, basketball University of North Georgia
- Kaylee Snyder, softball, University of North Alabama
- Tomas Valincius, baseball, The University of Virginia
- Nyziah Whaley, basketball, Lee University
- Addi Yates, softball, University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW)
“We are very proud of the achievements and accomplishments of this group of signees and believe this is the start of a special journey of success beyond Baylor,” said Baylor Athletic Director Mark Price. “We look forward to celebrating this experience with our student body and local media this Wednesday.”