The Baylor girls', boys', and combined swimming teams swept the state championships for the third straight year this past weekend at the Centennial Sportsplex in Nashville.
Swimming and Diving
Baylor's campus boasts the area's only indoor 50-meter pool and the facility has a seating capacity of approximately 600. Baylor's swimming and diving program has produced more state championships, more All-American athletes, and more college scholarships than any other sport in Baylor's amazing athletic history.
Fast Facts on Baylor's Swim Program:
- Baylor's has long been considered the top swimming program in Tennessee and is arguably the top high school program in the U.S.
- Students who have participated in the swim program have gone on to colleges and universities including American, Brown, Bucknell, Davidson, Emory, Georgia Tech, Harvard, Kenyon, Miami, Northwestern, Penn, Princeton, Stanford, the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, the University of Virginia, as well as Southeastern conference schools Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Baylor swimming offers a diverse experience, with students from over 18 countries and 20 different states. Baylor students have gone on to international competitions in over 18 countries across the globe.
- Baylor boys' teams were Swimming World Magazine’s Independent School Champions National Champions for 2007-2008, 2008-2009, and 2017 – 2018.
- Baylor girls' teams were Swimming World Magazine’s National Champions for 2008-2009, 2010-2011, 2011-2012, and runner-up in 2009-2010.
- Baylor boys' teams have been NISCA Independent School National Dual Meet Champions in four different seasons and runner-up in five others.
- Baylor girls' teams have been NISCA Independent School National Dual Meet Champions in three different seasons, and runner-up two others.
- Baylor swimmers have broken 30 national records for 25-yard and 25-meter events in the last 15 years, more than double any other school in the country.
- Baylor teams have won more Tennessee State Championships than any other school.
- Baylor head coach Dan Flack is on the US Swimming National Team Coaches List, and has been selected five different time to coach Team USA international competitions.
- Baylor swimmers have earned over 75 NISCA All-American honors.
- Baylor students have gone on to win Olympic gold medals, NCAA championships, major college conference championships, and compete at the World Championships, the Junior World Championships, the NCAA Championships at all levels, the Pan American Games, and many other International Competitions across the globe.
Baylor's has long been considered the top swimming program in
Tennessee and one of the top high school programs in the U.S.
Four Baylor swimmers have been selected by USA Swimming as Scholastic All-Americans.
Lane Winchester has been named diving coach at Baylor School, taking the reins of the diving programs for Baylor’s Middle School and varsity teams and leading the Baylor Diving Club.
Baylor had 15 swimmers earn National Interscholastic Swim Coaches Association (NISCA) All-American status for the 2020-2021 high school swimming season.
Ellie Waldrep '21 will compete in WAVE II of the 2021 U.S. Olympic Team Trials June 13-20.
The Baylor combined swim team has been ranked first in Swimming World Magazine's Mythical High School Championship: Best of the Decade feature.
Six Baylor swimmers will compete in the 2019 USA Swimming Speedo Winter Junior Championships - East, Dec. 11-14.
Baylor swimmer Ellie Waldrep and assistant coach Laura Pitman will both participate in USA Swimming's National Select Camp this month.
Four Baylor swimmers have been selected by USA Swimming for the 2018-19 Scholastic All-America Team.