After a stellar basketball career at Cleveland State Community College, Abby Hubert '14 has signed to play at the University of North Georgia beginning next season.
When over a thousand Baylor students and faculty pack into Duke Arena the walls of the old gym shake with school spirit. Named after former Admissions Director and head basketball coach Jimmy Duke, the arena is also the home of the legendary Baylor vs. McCallie pep rally and the home court for Red Raider basketball.
Baylor fields girls' basketball teams at the Upper School varsity and junior varsity levels, as well as the Middle School for girls in grades 6-8. Varsity teams compete in the TSSAA, Division II.
Fast Facts on Baylor Girls Basketball
- Doug Moser was Baylor's first ever girls basketball coach serving from 1986-2001. He returned as head coach for the 2004-2005 season before stepping down again.
- Coach Moser left the helm, for the first time, near the top. The 2001 squad finished as TSSAA D-II State Runner-up.
- The 2001-02 team was undefeated in region play during the regular season
- Baylor made TSSAA D-II Final Four appearances in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2009, 2015, 2016, and 2018.
- The 2002-2003 team was region champion and advanced to the State Sectionals.
- Kaleigh Clemons '16 was Baylor's first ever TSSAA Miss Basketball in 2015.
- The 2015-16 Baylor team was D-II state runner-up.