Clinic and tryouts for the 2019-20 Baylor basketball cheer squad will be coming up Sept. 23-24.
At Baylor, varsity cheerleaders are boys and girls in the Upper School (grades 9-12).
A student can try out for the squad at the end of their eighth grade year.
BAYLOR'S 2019-20 CHEER SQUAD (ABOVE) WAS A CHAMPION AT THE TN EXTREME AND SMOKY MOUNTAIN REGIONAL COMPETITIONS AND RUNNER-UP AT TWO MORE REGIONAL EVENTS. THE SQUAD EARNED FOUR DIFFERENT BIDS TO THE NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL CHEERLEADING CHAMPIONSHIP AT THE ESPN SPORTS CENTER, WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT, WHERE THEY FINISHED FOURTH OUT OF 37 TEAMS.
- Program Principles - Cheerleading is fun, but it also requires a lot of hard work and dedication. Baylor cheerleaders attend camps each summer along with hours of practice before and during each season. Here is a list of skills that cheerleaders are asked to work on:
- Cheer (Motions, sharpness)
- Dance – Girls only (Rhythm, technique)
- Jumps (Toe Touch/ Jump of Choice – Height, form)
- Tumbling (Skills, timing, technique)
- Voice Projection (Loud, clear, natural)
- Facial Expressions/ Smile/ Enthusiasm
- Overall Appearance (Spirit, Ability)
- Stunting (Lifts, Pyramids, Formations)
- Safety Certification (Provided through UCA)
- Varsity Squads - both squads are by tryout only. A student can tryout for one or both teams. Members of either squad are eligible for All-American honors.
- Football Competition Cheer - Cheer at Baylor football games and in cheer competitions. UCA Camp and Game Day Competing begin in the summer months and extend through February.
- Basketball Cheer - Cheer on sidelines at Baylor basketball games. A UCA Camp, with UCA staff, will be held at Baylor
- Middle School Squads - both squads are by tryout only.
- Football Cheer - Cheer at all Middle School football games at home and in town. UCA Camp, at Baylor, is required. Members are eligible for All- American honors.
- Basketball Cheer - Cheer on sidelines at Baylor basketball games at home and in town.
As cheerleaders, we are SPIRIT leaders in the school and we believe each team member makes a difference!
For more information, contact Coach Mindy Kral at email@example.com.
Be proud to support Baylor EVERY day of the year!
The 2020-21 Baylor cheerleading squad received three first place awards at Universal Cheerleaders camp in Gulf Shores, Ala. in June.
Here is important information for rising sixth through eighth grade students interested in trying out for the Middle School Football Cheer squad for the 2019-2020 school year.
Cheerleader Tryouts will be conducted April 3-6.
Clinic and tryouts for the 2018-19 Baylor basketball cheer squad will be coming up Sept. 17-19 for current 9th-12th grade students.
The Baylor Football Competition Cheerleading squad brought home top honors from UCA Camp at Georgia Tech University, held June 21-23.
Tryouts for Baylor 2018-19 Varsity Cheer Teams, football competition cheer and basketball cheer, will be held on April 5, 2018. Rising 9th -12th graders are eligible
The Baylor varsity cheerleading squad was first runner-up at the National High School Cheerleading Championship, competed Feb. 10 and 11 at the Walt Disney Resort and ESPN Sports Center.
The Baylor varsity cheerleading squad will be traveling to Orlando to compete in the National High School Cheerleading Championship (NHSCC), Feb. 10-11.
The Baylor varsity cheerleading squad took second place overall at the UCA regional competition Sunday. The performance earns the Raiders a bid to the UCA Nationals on Saturday, November 11.