Baylor junior Makayla Packer repeated as 200 meter champion, was second in the 100 meter dash, and anchored the second place 4 X 100 relay team to lead the Baylor girls' track and field team to a fourth place team finish at the TSSAA D-IIAA state championships Wednesday. And, yes, that's the same Makayla Packer who scored a run in the Baylor softball team's 4-3 semifinal win over GPS just hours earlier!
Packer finished the 200 in a blistering 25.08 seconds, just a tick behind her school record of 24.91, ran the 100 in 12.32, a little slower than her school record of 11.94 seconds, and combined with Aliya Cooper, Miah Flanagan, and Evie Culbreath in the 4 X 100 for a new school record of 48.85 seconds. The old record was 49.18, held by JuToreyia Willis '18, Flanagan, Cheyenne Lindsey '18, and Packer.
Baylor finished with 76 team points behind champion Ensworth (162), Harpeth Hall (127), and Brentwood Academy (117).
Other state performances for Baylor:
- Ally Craig - 2nd, high jump, 5' 2"
- 4 X 800 relay (Belle Wilson, Emmy Davis, Helen Webb, Hannah Rosser) - 3rd, 10:04.44
- 4 X 200 relay (Maddie Sims, Cooper, Baker Young, Flanagan) - 3rd, 1:46.37
- 4 X 400 relay (Sims, Autumn Seymour, Culbreath, Young) - 3rd 4:08.87
- Ruthie Burnette - 4th, pole vault, 10'
- Evie Culbreath - 4th, 100 hurdles, 15.47
- Autumn Seymour - 4th, 300 hurdles, 46.16
- Emmy Davis - 5th, 1600 meter, 5:37.765; 8th, 3200 meter, 12:48.863
- Hannah Rosser - 6th, 800 meter, 2:29.35
- Maddie Sims - 7th 400 meter, 1:04.45