Baylor senior Jack Holcombe cleared 13' 6" to take the state pole vault championship and help the Baylor boys' track and field team to a sixth place finish at the TSSAA D-IIAA state meet Wednesday. Holcombe, new to Baylor this year, is also a national merit finalist.
Two other top scorers for the Raiders were senior Wiley Pippenger, who was third in the 300 meter hurdles (41.15), fourth in the 110 hurdles (15.90), fourth in the decathlon, and eighth in the high jump (5' 6"), and sophomore Riley Jenne, who finished second in the 200 meter (22.60), third in the 100 meter (11.28), and seventh in the long jump (20').
Baylor finished with 60 team points behind champion Brentwood Academy (151), Montgomery Bell Academy (136.5), Christian Brothers (117), McCallie (109.5), and Ensworth (62).
Other Baylor performances:
- Jackson Collette - 4th, 800 meter, 2:02.92
- 4 X 800 relay (Sam MacMillan, Xian Campbell, Collette, Atherton Mook) - 4th, 8:26.003
- 4 X 400 relay (Destin Morrison, Pippenger, Collette, Mook) - 6th, 3:34.35
- 4 X 200 relay (Noah Martin, Patton Ford, Morrison, Gabriel Stulce) - 7th, 1:37.48
- Destin Morrison - 8th, 400 meter, 52.48