The Baylor wrestling team, led by five individual champions, two runners-up, and five other medalists, won its sixth state championship (duals and traditional) in three years on Thursday at the Chattanooga Convention Center. The Raiders ran away with the program’s 16th, and third straight, TSSAA traditional title, adding the championship to the team’s three-peat duals title won nearly three weeks ago.
For complete tournament results, visit trackwrestling.com.
Top Ten Team Scores
- Baylor 216.5
- Christian Brothers 187.5
- Father Ryan 130
- McCallie 127
- Lakeway Christian 96
- Memphis University School 69.5
- Montgomery Belly Academy 53
- Christian Academy of Knoxville 41.5
- Notre Dame 41
- Boyd Buchanan 39
- Two-time state champion junior Jackson Bond was runner-up at 126 pounds, falling 3-2 in four overtime periods to McCallie’s Jack Braman.
- Sophomore, and now state runner-up, Micah Tisdale was a finalist at 138 pounds and lost to Brayden Ivey of Lakeway Christian by technical fall, 17-1 in 4:40.
- Sophomore Omaury Alvarez, a state runner-up last year, was third at 170 pounds after beating Foster Salvaggio of Christian Brothers in a 13-5 major decision .
- Freshman Judson Jarret took a 12-0 major decision over Matt Oberlander of Father Ryan for third place at 120 pounds.
- Sophomore Anthony Mannella was fourth at 160 pounds, losing 7-5 to Christian Howard of MUS in the consolation final.
- Senior Heath Snodgrass pinned Richmond Flowers of Nashville Christian in 1:59 for fight place at 220 pounds.
- Senior Matthew Smith was fifth at 285 pounds, pinning Daniel Duncan of Nashville Christian in 4:18.