Five Baylor seniors signed Division I college baseball scholarships on Wednesday, Nov. 11, the initial signing date for several sports, commonly known as Early Signing Day. The quintet of Red Raider hard-ballers led a group of 11 Baylor senior athletes who signed scholarships to compete in seven sports.
Baylor's baseball signees are (pictured above, left to right) Cooper Kinney (South Carolina), Danny Corona (Wake Forest), Jay Dill (Missouri), Nick Kurtz (Wake Forest), and Vito Valincius (South Carolina). The Baylor baseball team won back-to-back state championships in 2018 and 2019 and were the favorite to three-peat in 2020 when the season was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Also signing pacts on Wednesday were:
- Troy Boynton, Men's Basketball, University of Evansville
- Ellis Coffelt, Rowing, Rollins College
- Raegyn Conley, Women's Basketball, Wake Forest University
- Elaine Redman, Volleyball, University of Toledo
- Acelynn Sellers, Softball, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Ellie Waldrep, Swimming, Auburn University