Pictured at the rededication event (above, left to right) are Scott Wilson '75, Chris Angel '89, Dr. Herb Barks '51, Dan Barks '81,and Ryan Crimmins '78.
A rededication of Barks Hall took place on Nov. 18 in honor of former Baylor School Headmaster Dr. Herbert B. Barks, Jr. ’51. Click on video below to view event.
Click here for a photo gallery of the event.
Originally built as a new library and a space for science classes, the building honored Baylor’s third headmaster, Dr. Herbert B. Barks, Sr. A dedicatory service was held during commencement weekend of 1961. Today, Barks Hall remains as the home of Hedges Library while also serving as the location of Baylor’s Middle School for students in grades 6-8.
Dr. Barks, Sr. served as the school’s third headmaster from 1929-1964, and Dr. Barks, Jr. was the school’s fifth headmaster, serving from 1971-1988.