Financial Aid Process
Applying for Financial Aid at Baylor
Thank you for your interest in Baylor School. You may begin to apply for financial aid starting on October 2, 2019 -- please make sure to read all of the instructions below in order to complete this process correctly.To be eligible for consideration for financial aid, you must complete your application by January 31, 2020. After this date, applications for assistance will be considered only if funds are available.
Applications for financial aid must be completed by both new and returning families every year by the end of January. All awards are reviewed annually to insure that our high standards of scholarship and citizenship are maintained.
STEP ONE: Apply Online
For a printable PDF of these steps click here
1. Starting on October 2, 2019 go to sss.nais.org/parents.
2. Click on the “Apply Now” button.
3. You will set up a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) Online account using your e-mail address and a password, which will allow you to return to work your PFS again before submitting it.
4. The online PFS will ask you to identify the name of the school(s) you wish to receive your report. Baylor’s code is 1516. If you are applying for financial aid at more than one school using SSS by NAIS, only one application must be completed
5. Submit and pay the non-refundable fee of $51 for the PFS. The report will be found in your PFS Online account usually within 48 hours.
STEP TWO: Uploading Tax Information and Additional Documents
1. Uploading tax documents: About 24 hours after you pay for and submit your PFS, you will have access on the PFS Online site to a section entitled "Manage Documents," where you can upload the additional documents required by Baylor School. We advise families to watch the short webinar on uploading documents in order to save time and limit frustration.You will find this webinar on the PFS Online homepage.
2. Baylor REQUIRES that you submit the following documents directly to SSS:
- IRS Form 1040 for 2017, 2018, 2019
- All IRS Schedules for 2017, 2018, 2019
- W2 and/or 1099 forms for 2019
It is our expectation that families who begin at Baylor paying the full tuition will continue to do so until the student graduates or leaves the school. Families enrolling at Baylor should also be aware that it is unlikely they will receive more financial aid than their original award in future years unless they are able to clearly demonstrate in writing a significant, unexpected financial reversal.While we will make every effort to be helpful in the case of circumstances beyond a family’s control ( for example, loss of job or unexpected illness) with a limited financial aid budget , we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet the new financial need of these families as no pre-existing budget is set aside for such an expense.
FIND OUT MOREFor Current & New Applicants to Baylor
2020-21 Parent Letter
2020-21 NAIS Guiding Principles for Families
2020-21 FA Agreement Form.pdf
Financial aid at Baylor is need based; need is determined by School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) and by Baylor’s Financial Aid Committee. We subscribe to the principles of SSS and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, or gender.
We hope that families will not be discouraged by the costs of independent education or by the process of applying for financial aid. Please feel free to direct any questions or special circumstances to:
Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships
423-267-8505 ext. 270