Important Dates & Admission Events
Prospective students are encouraged to experience Baylor first-hand in the company of a current student. Day students wishing to schedule shadow visits, campus tours and interviews can do so through the Parent Portal.
Prospective boarding students should schedule visits and interviews by calling their admission counselors or Carissa Margio at 423-757-2877.
In both cases, the online application form should be submitted, via the Parent Portal, prior to the visit and interview.
A Checklist For Your Visit
Catalogs and websites are helpful, but there is no substitute for a campus visit to obtain firsthand knowledge of a school. To make the most of your visit, you should consider the following:
- Is there enthusiasm among students and teachers?
- Are students attentive in classrooms?
- Are there adequate facilities for technology, the library, and science?
- Does the school want what is best for my child?
- Does the school place an emphasis on extracurricular activities that are interesting and challenging?
- Is there a caring environment?
- Does the school share my values?
- How much freedom do students have at each grade level?
- Is the campus safe?
- Are the grounds well-maintained?
- Does the school encourage parent involvement and clearly outline what is expected of parents