APPLYING TO UPPER SCHOOL/BOARDING
The Baylor School application is electronic. Once your family has created an account and the accompanying Parent Portal, you will have a checklist that guides you through the steps necessary to complete the application.
Baylor also accepts the Standard Application Online (SAO), and you can complete your admission checklist through the SAO as well.
Steps to complete the application.
- Submitting a completed admission application. The application is online and accessible through the Parent Portal and requires a $75 fee for domestic boarding applications and $150 for international boarding applications.
- Requesting letters of recommendation from current Math and English teachers. These requests are submitted electronically from the application checklist.
- Requesting current grades and transcript from the student’s current school. These are also generated from the application checklist.
- Registering for and taking the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Information about the SSAT and a link to the test application can be found on the application checklist.
- Completing a tour and interview with an admission counselor. Tours can be completed both in-person or virtually. Although you will hear from an admission counselor within 24 – 48 hours of completing your application, you can schedule a visit by contacting the Admission department at (423) 267-5902 or firstname.lastname@example.org..
- (Domestic applicants only) Attending a Boarding Open House
is not required, but it’s a great opportunity for parents and students to
experience our boarding program first hand. For the admission season’s
open houses, you can expect:
- A welcome reception and campus tour,
- A presentation about Baylor, its people and programs, followed by an interactive panel discussion with current boarding students and Baylor parents.
- An optional event in the evening that will take place on campus or in the city of Chattanooga.
For boarding students wishing to be considered in the first round of admission decisions, the deadline for completing all parts of the application is Thursday, December 31. After the first round of boarding decisions is announced in mid-March, Baylor goes into rolling admission.
HOW TO LEARN MORE
To receive admission materials, ask a question, or schedule a visit, please call 423-267-5902, or email us at email@example.com
School Profile & Admission Guide
Click here for a PDF profile of Baylor School including curriculum, test scores, college choices and more.
Admission Viewbook (Day and Boarding Students)
Click here to view our Viewbook