APPLYING TO UPPER SCHOOL/BOARDING:
The Baylor School application is electronic. Once your family has created an account and the accompanying Parent Portal, you will have a checklist that guides you through the steps necessary to complete the application. Those steps include:
- Submitting a completed admission application. The application is online and accessible through the Parent Portal and requires a $75 fee for domestic boarding applications and $150 for international boarding applications.
- Requesting letters of recommendation from current Math and English teachers. These requests are submitted electronically from the application checklist.
- Requesting current grades and transcript from the student’s current school. These are also generated from the application checklist.
- Registering for and taking the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Information about the SSAT and a link to the test application can be found on the application checklist.
- Visiting campus for a tour and a conversation with an admission counselor. Domestic ampus visits can be scheduled from the application checklist. International applicants should schedule through the admission office.
- (Domestic applicants only) Attending a Boarding Open House (Thursday afternoon through Friday afternoon). This step is optional, but for those who can fit it into their schedules, a Boarding Open House is the best way to experience boarding life at Baylor. The open house schedule includes:
- A welcome reception and campus tour,
- Hosted dorm stays for the students Thursday evening and class visitation on Friday morning,
- A parent-only reception on Thursday evening hosted by dorm parents and current Baylor parents,
- A choice of classes for parents to attend on Friday morning,
- A presentation about Baylor, its people, programs, places followed by an interactive panel discussion with current boarding students,
- A lunch with dorm parents and coaches and other activity directors.
For boarding students wishing to be considered in the first round of admission decisions, the deadline for completing all parts of the application is Monday, January 13, 2020. After the first round of boarding decisions is announced in mid-March, Baylor goes into rolling admission.
HOW TO LEARN MORE
To receive admission materials, ask a question, or schedule a visit, please call 423-267-5902, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
School Profile & Admission Guide
Click here for a PDF profile of Baylor School including curriculum, test scores, college choices and more.
Middle School Guide (grades 6-8)
Click here to view our Guide to Middle School (grades 6-8).
Admission Viewbook (Day and Boarding Students)
Click here to view our Viewbook