Faculty & Curriculum
When students arrive on campus each day, they’re welcomed by some of the leading minds in independent education. Our instructors have earned Fulbright Scholarships and the Presidential Award for Excellence.
They grade Advanced Placement exams and help write the National Spanish Exam. And more than 70 percent hold advanced degrees from such institutions as Boston University, Cornell, Duke, Emory, Harvard, and Vanderbilt.
Baylor is a college preparatory school that engages, challenges, and inspires each student, in every class, every day. We offer a liberal arts curriculum with an emphasis on providing students a broad breadth of offerings along with opportunities to go deep into specialized areas like advanced scientific research, global studies, the study of multiple languages and advanced study in the arts and humanities. Our curriculum is structured to foster in our students both the ability and the desire to make a positive difference in the world.
The heart of Baylor School is the academic program, which aims to provide every student with:
- Intellectual challenge and thorough preparation for further study.
- The ability to think critically and express oneself clearly in speaking and in writing.
- A firm grounding in knowledge of nature, history, and the human heart.
- An understanding of American institutions and the skills for participation in a free-market economy.
- Preparation for global citizenship, responsibility for the environment, an appreciation of cultural diversity, and the command of a second language.
OUR PRIMARY OBJECTIVE
Preparation for college is a primary objective of the Upper School program, and the intellectual rigor and variety of opportunities for all students provides a foundation for future academic success.
- Baylor’s mission is to foster in its students both the ability and the desire to make a positive difference in the world.
- Building on our fundamental principles of honor and continuing the Baylor tradition of adapting in a constantly changing world, we commit ourselves to best prepare students for the university and the true business of life. We recognize our differences, respect the dignity of all, and invite the distinct contributions of every member of the Baylor Community.
- Baylor is a college preparatory school that engages, challenges, and inspires each student, in every class, every day.
- Baylor cultivates confident leaders who build community and uphold the highest standards of character.
- The students of Baylor School believe that a great school must of necessity rest on the foundations of truth and honor and that truth is the greatest virtue one may possess. The Honor System is a solemn and voluntary obligation on the part of the Baylor student body to live by the highest standards of truth and honor and pledge themselves not to lie, cheat, or falsify information.