Baylor was founded in 1893 as “The University School” to provide a true college-preparatory education for its students. Although the college and university landscape has changed dramatically in the last 120 years, we continue to prepare our graduates for academic success once they leave our care.
Academics, Leadership, Co-Curricular Experiences, and Life-Long Learning:
- Baylor students attend school with peers who value academic achievement and talented teachers create a culture of high standards and expectations. This culture is also supported by our parent community.
- Our diverse curriculum includes 20 AP courses, honors courses, and a wide array of electives.
- Leadership is intentional at every grade level; with an emphasis on helping students discover and develop their own unique leadership skills and potential.
- Faculty and administrators are continuously focused on “best practices” in education, from the latest in cognitive science to project-based learning – we are a community of learners and professionals who strive to understand what is best for our students. These efforts are supported by a generous professional development budget.
- Rooted in tradition yet receptive to change, Baylor is staffed by talented adults who are devoted to teaching and who model for students a lifelong love of learning.
- We offer a wide variety of co-curricular experiences that require active participation and personal commitment, extending learning beyond the lessons of the traditional classroom.
- A vibrant resident community of faculty and students from around the globe help prepare all of our students for college and an ever-changing world..
- Our boarding students are uniquely prepared for college because they have learned how to live and study with greater independence than a typical college student who has never lived away from home.
- We strive to reach a balance of emphases on activities of the mind, body, and spirit, encouraging students to grow into happy, caring, and honorable adults, ready and unafraid to be leaders for the public good.
- Our college counseling staff works closely with students and parents to identify the best school – or schools – that fit the students’ needs to better ensure success once they arrive at the college of their choice.
MORE ON COLLEGE PREP
- Baylor students earned over $36.9 million in college scholarships over the last three years.
- 100 % of Baylor graduates attend college.
- Over the past two years, our graduates have matriculated at 190+ institutions worldwide.
- 88% of Baylor alumni go on to earn at least a bachelor’s degree and 75% earn the degree in four years or less.
- Baylor graduates who were surveyed about their preparation for college said they felt that they were “very well prepared” for college. They also considered themselves to be “better prepared” than their classmates at their college of choice.