Want to know how Baylor is making a positive difference in the world? Watch this segment on MSNBC about two research scientists and faculty members at Baylor School who are helping with COVID - 19 testing.
This element used as spacer so the Previous & Next jump links work correctly.
With the national spotlight on the work that Baylor School faculty members are doing with COVID-19, many people are curious about the science program as a whole.
Dr. Elizabeth Forrester and Dr. Dawn Richards have developed a testing protocol for COVID-19 and began testing local samples in their lab at Baylor School on Friday, March 27.
Headmaster Scott Wilson '75 wants prospective families to know that while Baylor has closed out of sensitivity to the spread of the COVID-19, prospective families can still begin the application process for 2020-21.
County Mayor Jim Coppinger announced in a Hamilton County Commission meeting this morning that the research lab at Baylor School has been certified as a clinical lab to test COVID-19 samples
Baylor science and engineering students brought home many of the top awards at the Chattanooga Regional Science and Engineering Fair, hosted by the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga on March 10 and 11.
Baylor Athletic Director Thad Lepcio announced today that he has accepted the athletic director position at Peddie School, effective this summer.
In response to the ongoing developments related to COVID-19, Baylor School will be suspending on-campus classes at the end of the academic day on Friday, March 13.
Baylor senior Katy Waddell has been named a recipient of a Morehead-Cain Scholarship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Baylor Bee champion, seventh grader Alisha Chandra, will compete in the National Spelling Bee in May.
It takes an impressive history…
to think this far forward.
Baylor is a Coed, Day and Boarding College Prep School for Grades 6-12.
in merit based aid was earned and 209 different merit scholarships were awarded to the Class of 2017.
acceptances were offered from colleges and universities, including Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, Penn, Yale, UVA, and UNC
in athletic scholarships was earned by the class of 2017
attend four-year colleges and universities
- The Honor Code is a core value that has been instilled in Baylor students since 1916.
- Graduation classes typically receive college merit scholarship offers totaling $12-$16 million.
- We provide approximately $6 million in financial aid each year.
- More than 70% of our faculty hold advanced degrees.
- Baylor’s student-to-faculty ratio is 8:1.
- Since 2008, Baylor has had over 50 National Merit Scholarship Finalists.
- 100% of Baylor graduates attend four-year colleges and universities.
- In the past 19 years Baylor athletic teams have won more than 125 state titles.
- Community Service is the largest extracurricular activity on campus with over 200 students participating each year.
- Admission to Baylor is selective and competitive. Prior academic record, standardized test scores, an interview, and recommendations are considered in the process.
Middle School Students: When asked “Why Baylor School?” our sixth, seventh, and eighth graders gave us hundreds of reasons
"iPads have brought technology to a whole new level and have been very helpful for teacher student communication." - Natalie Lopez-Durell
"Baylor's sports challenge me to make better use of my time by balancing homework and practices." - Morgan Burnette
"The differences between the many classes help keep the day interesting and fun."
"The Middle School program is designed to offer a wide variety of academic, leadership, athletic and enrichment offerings, ensuring that each child succeeds and thrives in personal areas of strength. "
"The teachers at Baylor are thoughtful and great communicators who really care about their students." - Maddy Toledano
"My favorite thing about the Middle School play was meeting people I would have never become friends with in the first place." - Teddy Lepcio
Nearly 100 state championships in the past decade.