- Students in grades 6, 7, and 8 can check out a maximum of two items at any one time.
- Students in grades 9 through 12 can check out a maximum of five items at any one time.
Students that have reached this limit must return one of the items they have checked out before being able to check out another book or tape.
Students may borrow Library materials for 14 days. Faculty and staff loans are due at the end of each term. Items not recalled may be renewed in person or by email for 14 days.
Items may be recalled by email notice from any borrower after 14 days on loan.
Returns and Overdue Notices
Borrowers are responsible for timely return of Library materials. Overdue notices are sent by email. The fine for an overdue item is ten cents ($0.10) per day.
30 days after the date due of an item not renewed or returned, a bill is sent to the Business Office covering the replacement cost, $10 processing fee, and overdue fine. If the item is returned before the replacement copy has been ordered, the charge is reduced by the replacement cost; processing fee and overdue fine remain.
For questions about the circulation of materials, overdue notices and bills, email:
Susan Simpkins, Circulation Manager, or call her at 267-8505, extension 244
Vickie Harwood, Library Administrative Assistant, or call her at 267-8505, extension 242
General Library Policies
- Food and drink are prohibited
- Student use of cellular or cordless telephones anywhere in the Library (including the stairwell) is prohibited.
- Day students who choose to study in the Library in the evenings must follow all the rules and regulations of the Library. The Library is a place for serious study, not a place to gather and socialize.
- During the academic day, all dress code rules apply; penalties will be given to those who are not in compliance.
- Students may use the copy machine in the Library at nominal cost. Student use of other school copy machines is prohibited.
- Guidelines set by the school's Acceptable Use Policy apply to all computers in the Library.
- No games may be played on Library computers.
- The following areas are off limits to students unless accompanied by a faculty or Library staff member: Sterling Auditorium, projection booth, computer classroom, Felder Forbes Lounge, Library workroom, and Library offices.
Note: Any Library materials maintained on the first floor such as reference books, current magazines, reserve materials and bound periodicals, must be used on the first floor. These items do not circulate. The improper removal of any Library material may be viewed as an honor offense.