Basketball - Cheerleading
No team photos are posted for this team.
Coach: Tisa Lindsey
Varsity Cheerleading is for girls and boys in grades 9th through 12th. A student may tryout at the end of his/her 8th grade year.
The skills to work on for tryouts are as follows:
- Cheer (Motions, sharpness)
- Dance – Girls only (Rhythm, technique)
- Jumps (Toe Touch/ Jump of Choice – Height, form)
- Tumbling (Skills, timing, technique)
- Voice Projection (Loud, clear, natural)
- Facial Expressions/ Smile/ Enthusiasm
- Overall Appearance (Spirit, Ability)
- Stunting – We will work on this during Pre-Cheerleading and tryout week.
Cheerleading is fun, but it also requires a lot of hard work and dedication. As cheerleaders, we are SPIRIT leaders in the school. One person can make a difference!
Be proud to support Baylor each day of the year!