Basketball - Boys Varsity
Coach: Austin Clark
Assistant Coach: Bill Cox
Baylor fields boys basketball teams at the varsity, junior varsity, and middle school levels. Varsity teams compete in the TSSAA, Division II East region and the lower school teams compete in the TVAC.
When over a thousand Baylor students and faculty pack into Duke Arena the walls of the old gym shake with school spirit. Named after former Admissions Director and head basketball coach James Duke, Duke Arena is the home of the legendary Baylor vs. McCallie pep rally and the home court for Red Raider basketball.
Fast Facts on Baylor Boys Basketball
- Baylor has won two state championships, 1917 and 1930
- Baylor won eight Mid-South championships before joining the TSSAA
- Bob Hill coached for 31 seasons, from 1929 to 1960
- The 2008-09 season was the 27th for current head coach Austin Clark
- The 1986-87 team finished 23-7 and advanced to the TSSAA Final Four (pre-Division II)
- The 1997-98 team was 20-7 and advanced to the first ever TSSAA Division II Final Four
The 2001-02 team was the TSSAA Division II State Runner-up to Father Ryan
2005 Division II East Region Champs 8-0 in League Play; Tournament Champions