Cross Country - Boys Varsity
No team photos are posted for this team.
Coach: Jan Gautier
2008 State Champions
Baylor fields boys and girls cross country teams at the varsity level (with some “B” and “C” races throughout the year) and at the lower school level for grades six through eight. Varsity teams compete in the Chattanooga Cross Country League and the TSSAA Division II East region.
Baylor hosts league and dual meets during the year using the spacious lower fields including a 1.5 mile loop through the woods of the lower campus
Fast Facts on Baylor Boys Cross Country
- Baylor won state championships in 1986, 1988, 1993, 1994, 1999, 2000, 2007, and 2008.
- Baylor was state runner-up in 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, and 2003.
- Baylor was City Optimist Champion in 2003, 2004, and 2007.
- Baylor was region champion in 2007 and runner-up in 2003.
- In 2002, Baylor finished fifth in the state championship with times that would have won the state 3 of the last 5 years. The Division II field was the fastest and deepest in the history of the meet.
- In 2008, Baylor won the prestigious A. F. Bridges Invitational at Percy Warner Park in Nashville.
- Baylor won two major invitational meets in 2007, the McCallie Invitational and the Tennessee Classic.