Basketball - Girls Junior Varsity
No team photos are posted for this team.
Coach: Lara Sibold
Baylor fields girls basketball teams at the varsity, junior varsity, and middle school levels. Varsity teams compete in the TSSAA, Division II East region and the lower school teams compete in the TVAC.
When over a thousand Baylor students and faculty pack into Duke Arena the walls of the old gym shake with school spirit. Named after former Admissions Director and head basketball coach James Duke, Duke Arena is the home of the legendary Baylor vs. McCallie pep rally and the home court for Red Raider basketball.
Fast Facts on Baylor Girls Basketball
- Doug Moser was Baylor's first ever girls basketball coach serving from 1986-2001. He returned as head coach for the 2004-2005 season before stepping down again. John Gibson was named head coach in 2005.
- Coach Moser left the helm, for the first time, near the top. The 2001 squad finished as TSSAA D-II State Runner-up.
- The 2001-02 team was undefeated in region play during the regular season
- Baylor made TSSAA D-II Final Four appearances in 1999 and 2000
- The 2002-2003 team was region champion and advanced to the State Sectionals