Wrestling - Middle School
No team photos are posted for this team.
Coach: T J Reap
Baylor fields wrestling teams at the varsity, junior varsity, and lower school levels. The varsity team competes in the TSSAA, Division II East region and the lower school competes in the TVAC.
The wrestling team has created it's own website - click here for more information
Just opened in 2005, the Luke Worsham Memorial Wrestling Arena is a spacious area that holds three regulation-sized mats and doubles as a multi-purpose athletic and recreation facility when not in use by wrestlers. The new facility is named in honor of Worsham, who coached from 1949 - 1991 is credited for bringing national attention to the program.
Fast Facts on Baylor Wrestling
- Baylor has won 11 TSSAA State Wrestling Championships (duals and/or traditional) and has been runner-up nine times
- Baylor was the traditional state champs in '99, '01, '02, '04, and '05 and the duals champs in '01, '02, and '05
- Baylor wrestlers have been TSSAA individual champions 51 times since 1971
- Nine Baylor wrestlers have been National Prep champions
- Jim Morgan was selected by the Federation of High School Coaches Association to receive the 2004 South Sectional Coach of the Year Award.
Schaack Van Deusen was named nation's top assistant wrestling coach in 2001 by USA Wrestling magazine
2005 TSSAA State Duals Champions - Varsity Team
2005 TSSAA State Traditional Tournament Champions - Varsity Team