APPLYING TO UPPER SCHOOL/BOARDING:
The Baylor School application is electronic. Once a family has created an account, they will have a checklist that guides them through the steps necessary to complete the application. Those steps include:
- Submitting a completed admission application. The application is online and accessible through the Parent Portal that will be created when an inquiry or application is submitted. There is a $75 fee for domestic boarding apps and $150 for international boarding apps.
- Requesting letters of recommendation from current math and English teachers as well as a letter of personal recommendation from another source. These requests are submitted electronically from the application checklist.
- Requesting current grades and transcript from the student’s current school. These are also generated from the application checklist.
- Registering for and taking the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Information about the SSAT and a link to the test application can be found on the application checklist.
- Visiting campus for a tour and a conversation with an admission counselor. Campus visits can be scheduled from the application checklist.
- Attending a Boarding Open House (Thursday afternoon through Friday afternoon). This step is optional, but for those who can fit it into their schedules, A Boarding Open House is the best way to experience boarding life at Baylor. The open house schedule includes:
- A welcome reception and campus tour.
- Hosted dorm stays for the students Thursday evening and class visitation on Friday morning.
- A parent-only reception on Thursday evening hosted by current Baylor parents.
- A choice of classes for parents to attend on Friday morning.
- A presentation about Baylor, its people, programs, places followed by an interactive panel discussion with current boarding students.
- A lunch with dorm parents and coaches and other activity directors.
For boarding students wishing to be considered in the first round of admission decisions, the deadline for completing all parts of the application is January 15th (for domestic boarders) and January 29th (for international boarders). After the first round of boarding decisions is announced in mid-March, Baylor goes into rolling admission.
To receive admission materials, ask a question, or schedule a visit, please call 423-757-2877, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Baylor School Profile & Admission Guide
Click here for a PDF profile of Baylor School including curriculum, test scores, college choices and more.
Click here to view Boarding & Day Student Viewbook (grades 9-12).