The heart of Baylor School is the academic program, which aims to provide every student with:
- Intellectual challenge and thorough preparation for further study.
- The ability to think critically and express oneself clearly in speaking and in writing.
- A firm grounding in knowledge of nature, history, and the human heart.
- An understanding of American institutions and the skills for participation in a free-market economy.
- Preparation for global citizenship, responsibility for the environment, an appreciation of cultural diversity, and the command of a second language.