Middle School students have a variety of leadership opportunities in classes and co-curricular activities, as well as adviser group activities focused on leadership development. Upper School students attend Leadership Baylor "colloquium" classes every Thursday, culminating with a required senior capstone project.
The topics covered in these classes include:
- What Makes A Great Leader?
- Communication is More than Talking
- Ethics Up Close and Personal
- Personal Leadership and Goal Setting
- Leadership from a Historical Perspective
- Conflict Management
- Ethical Decision-Making from a Group Perspective
- Planning, Organizing and Executing a Meeting
- Writing a Personal Leadership Plan
- Leading from Within
- It Takes More than One to Make a Team
We use also use Colloquium to cover:
- PSAT, ACT Planning and Prep
- College Counseling (in addition to regular appointments and College Counseling events)