Baylor's mission is to foster in its students both the
ability and the desire to make a positive difference in
the world. Baylor fulfills its mission by providing:
• a rich academic program that opens the minds of students, preparing them for college and for an ever-changing world;
• a school rooted in tradition yet receptive to change, staffed by talented adults who are devoted to teaching and who model for students a lifelong love of learning;
• a wide variety of co-curricular experiences that require active participation and personal commitment, extending learning beyond the lessons of the traditional classroom;
• a diverse academy having at its heart a vibrant resident community of faculty and students from around the world;
• a balance of emphases on activities of the mind, body, and spirit, encouraging students to grow into happy, caring, and honorable adults, ready and unafraid to be leaders for the public good.
Baylor's Honor Code is the cornerstone of our values as a school
and a community. When they enter the school, students
sign a pledge to comply with the Honor Code, which states: "The
Honor System is an understanding among Baylor student that they
do not want among them one who will lie, cheat, or falsify information.
I understand this principle, and I recognize that I shall be expected
to live in accordance with it."
We foster an environment where kids learn the valuable
social skills of cooperation and mutual respect – something
they will need to succeed in today's world.
We believe that faith is central to every person's
life and that the study of religion is an essential part of a
complete education. While the majority of our students and faculty
are Christian, all major world religions are represented in the
school and we welcome and respect all faiths.
We require students to consciously consider and
develop their leadership potential. Rather than singling
out only the top students - our goal is to reach out to all of
our students and help them discover and develop their emerging
Demanding academic courses are the heart of our program. Curiosity
and hard work are expected of all students, and a high level of
academic performance is the norm. Baylor students are surrounded
by peers who value academic achievement and a faculty whose main
aim is to help students achieve it.
We believe that a student's moral and ethical strengths
lie in their intentions and actions. It is through dialogue,
accountability, and education that students reflect upon their
character and inspires them to want to make a positive difference
in the world.
Our extremely talented faculty are able to see the individual
potential of each child and encourage them to participate in a
broad range of academic, artistic, athletic, and extracurricular